Unlike a standard essay, an extended essay is more factual in nature. Therefore, to write a good essay of this type, you need to be dedicated and have the ability to think critically. You will also need to do a considerable amount of research and, if necessary, some experimental work. When working on an extended essay, you need to keep any relevant theories that exist in mind and support any facts you make reference to in your essay.
Potential Extended Essays Topics of Numerous Disciplines
The following is a list of examples of potential topics you could use to produce an excellent essay. These ideas cover numerous disciplines and you are welcome to use any one that appeals to you:
Biology- Related Topics
- How is an organism affected by change in habitat.
- How are plants used in the healing of disease?
- How do land plants differ from the aquatic variety?
- Is it possible for photosynthesis to occur where there is no sunlight?
- Explain how cows' milk can be stored safely.
- Is it possible to manufacture flowers?
- How the human brain can be affected by different drugs.
- Can pollination take place remotely?
- How the process of reproduction in plants is affected by climate.
- In what ways is plant growth different in shared habitat?
- What tools are available to manage taxation and spending in order to make these more efficient and effective?
- Explain what transfer payments are and how they work.
- What is recessionary gap and why does it occur?
- What is meant by "industrial policy?"
- How is the country's labor sector made unstable by the business cycle?
- How large is government input into the economy and is its size justified?
- A share of taxpayers' contributions goes to the federal budget. Why does this happen?
- What is the fiscal policy known as "expansionary?" When can this be used?
- Most countries operate a trade policy. Explain what these are.
- What influence does fiscal policy have on the overall economy?
- How is the everyday life of citizens influenced by the way the media portrays things?
- How was the empowerment of females portrayed in the Tolkien novel Lord of the Rings?
- The 1990s: Sexual and ethnic identity in this decade.
- Knowledge of English Literature is important. Why?
- People's attitudes towards spirituality.
- Why the literary aspects of a language are significant.
- How the social ideas of Darwinism found their way into modern politics.
- Racism and racial conflicts during the twentieth century.
- How the environment has been impacted by economic developments.
- How do countries that are surrounded by sea differ from countries that are not?
- What significance does oceanography have in terms of preserving water quality?
- Why is exploration of the seabed important?
- How human relationships are affected by geography.
- The amount of cultural exchange and interaction that takes place between neighboring countries.
- Explain how the world's continents came to be located where they are currently located.
- The development and evolution of our knowledge and understanding of the terrestrial crust over the last century.
- Is there any connection between geography and gendered economy?
- What are the factors that influence where industries are located?
- The significance of the Treaty of Versailles.
- How Britain was conquered by the Romans.
- How did Pearl Harbor become a game-changer in World War II?
- What caused the falling apart of the USSR?
- The dramas of Shakespeare were not without political motives. What were these?
- Atomic bombs were dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. What were the reasons for these bombings?
- What was the missile crisis in Cuba about and what were the consequences of this?
- The Salem witch trials were biased. How?
- How did opium evolve as a rural-based culture?
- What pact did Hitler and Stalin have and how was it realized?
Literature-Based Topics (English Lit)
- Why was dance important in Jane Austen's novel Emma?
- The significance of inanimate objects in Bell Jar - novel by Sylvia Plath.
- What parallels might exist between Frankenstein and Gregor Samsa (monsters from the novels Frankenstein (Mary Shelley) and Metamorphosis (Franz Kafka) respectively)?
- How religion and related imagery is portrayed in Wuthering Heights - novel by Emily Bronte.
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.
- How did James Baldwin illustrate racism?
- Choose three literary characters that exemplify noblemen and traits that are noble in people.
- Devil In Winter by Lisa Kleypas.
- An exploration of the works of Jane Austen.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
- Planets move in a certain way? Why is this so?
- The significance of Egyptian fractions in arithmetic.
- General cosmology and relativity.
- Curves and spirograph.
- Arithmetic and Egyptian forces.
- Methodology used in statistics.
- The theory of partitions - the broad functions of the theory.
- The symmetrical nature of plane tiling or tessellations.
- Explain what voting polynomials are and the relationship with constitutional fairness.
- Use of color polynomials for distinguishing knots.
- How to conserve energy.
- How light behaves - the nature of its behavior.
- Getting to grips with physics terminology.
- What scientific methodologies are used in modern-day physics?
- The nature of particles and how they interact.
- Explain magnetic force and magnetism.
- Motion and forces - the basic principles of dynamics.
- The key stages in physical thought development.
- How is electricity and the energy from electricity generated?
- The nature of heat.
- Is there a link between television and obesity?
- The psychological causes of depression.
- The problem of violence and other types of abuse in teenage relationships.
- How to protect mental well-being during and after abortion.
- Delivery of preterm babies and associated stress.
- Explain our obsession with fast foods.
- How schizophrenia differs between males and females.
- Suicidal tendencies and how these develop.
- The influences of narcissist mothers on their children.
- How negligence on the part of parents can lead to obesity in children.
Topics Concerning World Issues
- The precautions all travelers should be aware of to protect their health and stay safe.
- The influence of local factors on the development of expression.
- The causes and effects of global terrorist activity.
- The causes and effects of emigration and immigration.
- The necessity for energy security.
- How to contribute globally in a way that is acceptable and appreciated.
- Why it is important to continue with cultural exchange programs.
- Determining whether an issue is globally significant.
- How our world view is affected by global warming and climate change.
- How everyone's daily lives are affected by the world's food crisis.
The above ideas cover most of the material needed to write a great extended essay on a range of subject matter including biology, economics, English, geography, history, math, physics, psychology, and more. Our final piece of advice on topic selection is that you choose an area or issue you feel passionately about. And, needless to say, it is essential to ensure the scope of your chosen topic fits comfortably into the word or page count you were given. If, for instance, you are asked to write a three-page essay for high school, then it will not be possible to go into great detail. So you need to keep this in mind when choosing your topic.
If it is the case you are still not sure if you are capable of writing the quality of extended essay that will bring you a high grade, please feel free to contact Best-Writing-Service.com for assistance. Our company only employs the best experts with advanced-level degrees, including PhDs, in their chosen fields. These are the subject areas they write for. Another requirement of our company is that every writer is a native English speaker so their ability to write superior-quality essays is unrivalled. Hence, if for any reasons, you cannot write your own essays in the time allocated to you, you simply need to submit an order through the Best-Writing-Service.com website and we will take care of everything!