A position paper is a typical academic assignment you will have to complete at some point in your study. Such a task is to evaluate your ability to express your opinion in a clear and comprehensive manner. When working on a position paper, you will need not only to state your position but also to support it with solid arguments. Writing high-quality position papers is a great skill that will help you succeed in career development. Being able to explain your opinion, you will communicate with other people easily by persuading them about your ideas. As a student, you may find it difficult to understand how to write a position paper, especially if your writing experience is insufficient.
Writing a good-looking position paper is a major challenge. Yet, since you cannot avoid it, you need to study some helpful tips and practices that will turn the writing process into an enjoyable experience. Our guide will serve as a source of ideas and helpful recommendations. Follow our suggestions attentively and you will create a write-up that will delight the most demanding educator.
What Is a Position Paper?
A position paper, also known as an opinion paper, is a piece of writing that expresses the author’s viewpoint regarding a specific issue, problem, etc. Such an assignment is a perfect chance to improve your writing skills, as well as your ability to persuade your audience about something.
The main goal of this assignment is to convince your reader that your idea is valid and worth their attention. The subject you address in your paper ought to be thoroughly investigated as you need to provide solid evidence for your arguments. To bring you a good grade, your paper has to be logically organized and formatted in accordance with the citation style required by your tutor. Your ideas have to be clear and relevant. To convince your readers, you need to take one side of the argument and prove that it is right. Now that you know what makes a position paper different from other papers, it is time to understand how to write it.
TOP 10 Writers
How to Write a Good Position Paper
There are plenty of strategies that will help you understand how to write a position paper and make the writing process easier. Provided below are the simple steps that will help you create a perfect piece without spending much time and effort:
- Choose the topic that will match your research interests. Ideally, you need to pick up a subject you actually care about. Having a real passion for the subject matter, you will be able to develop strong arguments and support them with appropriate pieces of evidence. Such an approach will turn the writing process into an enjoyable experience;
- Brainstorm your ideas. This creative process will help you figure out what ideas related to the topic will be discussed in your essay. If you have a prompt, then brainstorming will help you find the best answers to the questions provided by your tutor;
- Look for credible sources. When it comes to academic research, it is critically important to back up your arguments with specific ideas taken from credible sources. They may include scholarly journals, books, videos, etc. When studying the sources, you will need to find the biases in the approaches taken by other scholars and build your own argumentation based on this research;
- Outline your paper. Now, when you are done with research, you need to create a basic plan that will help you develop your ideas logically. If you manage to create a good outline, the writing process will require simply filling in the blanks. Pay attention that your outline has to follow a traditional five-paragraph structure. When working on an outline, you will need to think about how much room you will need for each paragraph to explain your position;
- Write the first draft. When the preparation is over, you need to start writing. Take your outline and research notes and develop clear and logical paragraphs related to the topic. Do not bother about logical fallacies and grammatical mistakes at this stage. You will have a chance to fix everything when revising the paper. When composing the first draft, you need to focus on the content of your paper, making it look engaging, informative, and convincing. If you need to include in-text citations to support your arguments, you are free to do it. However, consider following the formatting rules when mentioning their authorship;
- Revise, edit, and proofread your paper. When your draft is ready, you need to take some time to clean it up. This means that you need to find and fix any flaws compromising its quality. When reviewing your paper, you need to make sure the evidence backs up the arguments in a proper manner. Also, you need to check whether all position paper ideas are clear and relevant to the subject matter. Finally, you need to edit the text of your paper to make sure it is free from grammatical, spelling, and punctuation mistakes.
By following these simple steps, you won’t have problems understanding how to write a position paper. Consider that practice makes perfect and your writing skills will get better with every successfully completed assignment.
Follow the Traditional Position Paper Outline!
Creating an outline is a very important stage of the writing process. A well-structured outline will greatly economize the time and effort spent on the writing process. When it comes to writing a position paper, you will need to follow a traditional outline that includes an introduction, a main body part, and a conclusion. Let us focus on these parts:
- Introduction. In the opening paragraph, you need to introduce your subject matter to the audience. Also, you might need to provide background information that will help your audience understand why your topic is important and relevant. The best way to present the topic is to explain its context. As such, you need to start with the description of the subject gradually moving to your unique perspective. The way you are going to approach your topic is to be reflected in your thesis statement;
- Main body. This section usually includes the main arguments, as well as appropriate supporting evidence. Typically, there are three main paragraphs in the main body. Each of them has to present a clear argument related to the thesis. To make your writing smooth and logical, you need to include appropriate transitions between your paragraphs.
- Conclusion. The final part of your paper aims to summarize the discussion. In the conclusion, you may restate the importance of the problem and emphasize your position.
When working on a position paper, you have to take into consideration the needs and interests of your readers. It will enable you to build your arguments in a proper way. If you have no idea how to write a position paper and cannot work on this assignment on your own, you can always rely on our service. Our skilled, experienced, and dedicated writers know can create brilliant papers following the latest writing standards.
Position Paper Format
There are several formatting styles in academic writing. Each of them has its specific features that the writer has to take into account. If you are unsure what style you have to follow in your paper, you are free to ask your tutor about it.
If you were asked to follow APA, you will need to add a reference list at the end of your paper. Each entry that appears on the list is to include the author’s name, the date of publication, the title of the source, as well as the name of the publisher. For more information, refer to the latest edition of the APA guide.
Read also our article – Expert Help Writing a Paper
Great Position Paper Topics
If you have never worked on writing a position paper, you may experience difficulties with choosing an appropriate topic for it. The best subjects for opinion papers are always controversial, thought-provoking, and interesting. Provided below is a list of ideas you may use for boosting your inspiration:
- The US voting system. Should it be changed?
- The problems revealed by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Multinational corporations are responsible for addressing the problem of climate change;
- Discuss the connection between anorexia and the popularity of celebrities;
- Do you agree that elite athletes earn too much?
- Should healthcare insurance be mandatory for everyone?
- What are the most efficient ways to solve the problem of bullying?
- Cosmetic surgery industry: pros and cons;
- Discuss the main benefits and shortcomings of democracy;
- Is it important to parents to be aware of the interests of their children?
- What are the most efficient ways to overcome depression?
- Sex education for children: pros and cons;
- Should hard labor be a free choice for a child?
- Is information technology really that important nowadays?
- Can a working woman be a good mother?
- What are the main differences in the brain functioning of a man and a woman?
- Should we plant more trees?
- Discuss the role of music in developing a healthy individual?
- What can be the consequences of getting an inappropriate education?
- Analyze the main benefits and shortcomings of being a vegetarian.
By using some of the ideas mentioned in the list, you will be able to create a good opinion essay. However, if the deadline provided by the tutor is very tight and you have no idea what to do, feel free to outsource this task to our writing team. Our company is known for providing students with high-quality papers tailored to their guidelines and specifications. There is no topic that would be too difficult to handle for our experts. So, if you are willing to submit a brilliant piece but you have no idea how to write a position paper, just contact us and we will do the rest.
Order Professional Help with Writing a Position Paper Today!
Writing a high-quality position paper can be difficult. If you want to avoid stress and anxiety caused by this task, you can always rely on the professional help of our experts. They have already created many opinion papers on different topics. Thus, you can be sure that they know all the unique features of this task. In our work, we are guided by the highest standards of quality. As such, the number of our returning customers continues to grow.
No matter if you want to order a simple essay or a lengthy report, we will find a writer to work on your task. In our team, we have many competent English-speaking writers specializing in various academic disciplines.
Easy communication between writers and customers is our priority. If you want to find out the progress of your order, you can use our convenient messaging system to chat with your writer. Also, you can contact our customer care representatives via e-mail, phone, or Live Chat and they will address your concerns immediately.
Another thing that sets our company apart is a great price and quality balance. Although we guarantee the highest level of writing assistance, we keep our prices moderate and affordable. This means that your decision to order help writing a position paper at Best-writing-service.com won’t hit your pocket.
Our cooperation will become a very rewarding and enjoyable experience for you as we will take good care of your needs. So, why are you still hesitating? If you were looking for a trustworthy writing assistant, then you are just in the right place. For many years, we have been addressing the needs of our customers. We guarantee that you will never look for other companies after trying our writing help.
Don`t Know How to Write a Position Paper? Let Us Do It for You!
Cooperation with our writing company is the shortest way to improve your academic performance. By placing an order at our service, you will get it completed by a competent and dedicated writer. We guarantee that your paper will be free from plagiarism as it will be written from scratch according to your requirements. We guarantee that your professor will be impressed by an insightful and engaging write-up ordered from us.
For your convenience, we are working 24 hours per day. This means that you can order our professional assistance anytime. So, if the deadline is approaching but you are unsure how to start a position paper, just outsource this task to us and we will surpass your expectations. After all, providing our customers with first-class writing services is what we do the best! So, request our experts: “Write a Position Paper for me!” and they do this with pleasure.